Big Lottery Project Announcement!
We are very pleased to announce that EqualiTeach has received funding through the Big Lottery Awards for All programme to deliver three regional training events for those working with children aged 0-7: The events will support those working with young children to create inclusive settings: meeting the cultural and religious needs of every child.
After attending the training, participants will:
- Have had their concerns about promoting equality addressed
- Understand the duties set out be equality legislation and Ofsted
- Recognise the barriers that prevent people from successfully promoting equality and how to overcome them
- Be equipped with skills and knowledge to meet the individual cultural and religious needs of every child and embed equality throughout their practice
- Have developed skills and knowledge to talk to young children about similarities and differences
- Be equipped with approaches to effectively challenge prejudicial attitudes and behaviours
Each event will be delivered in partnership with experts in early years and racial and religious equality. There will be a mixture of key note speeches and interactive workshops
There will be stalls and displays of useful resources and all participants will leave with a pack of resources to support them back in their settings.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
- Friday 26th June: Institute of Education, London
- Monday 6th July: University of Manchester
- Thursday 16th July: University of Birmingham
You can book your free place at these events by contacting us.
If you would like to receive updates or further information about these events, please don’t hesitate to get in touch