Vision, Mission and Aims
An equal, inclusive and diverse society where everyone is valued and able to succeed.
EqualiTeach is a nationwide not-for-profit equality and diversity training and consultancy organisation, which inspires and empowers people to create equal, diverse and inclusive environments where everyone feels safe, valued and able to succeed.
- To empower young people to think critically and reject prejudice and misinformation, and to become active citizens to create positive change
- To empower adults to promote equality, diversity and inclusion; educate others; and tackle prejudice and discrimination
- To capacitate senior leaders to embed equality, diversity and inclusion through policy and practice
- To influence and inform government to promote equality, diversity and inclusion throughout decision-making
Case for Support: Click here to download.
Values and Ethics
Community Interest Company
EqualiTeach is a Community Interest Company. A community interest company is a type of limited company designed specifically for those wishing to operate for the benefit of the community, rather than for the benefit of the owners of the company.
The organisation will operate on a not-for-profit basis, with any profits made being ploughed back into charitable activities.
EqualiTeach is committed to its vision of an equal, inclusive and productive society where everyone is valued and able to achieve their full potential, and believes that a community interest company is the best way of striving towards this vision.
To make our commitment to ethical working as clear as possible, EqualiTeach is governed by a number of core values. These shape the culture and define the character of the organisation, as well as guide how we behave and make decisions:
- We continually strive to ensure that equality, diversity and inclusion are core to everything we do and that our workplace is safe and inclusive for everybody
- We aim to attract, develop and retain the best talent for our business in order to foster a collaborative and mutually supportive environment
- We believe in honesty and inspiring trust by saying what we mean, matching our behaviours with our words and taking responsibility for our actions
- We strive constantly to improve in order to meet and exceed the highest expectations of our customers, partners and stakeholders, and provide high quality evidence-based information and advice.
- We continually listen to the needs of clients and staff members and value their input into our decision-making processes.
Promoting equality and tackling discrimination is at the heart of the work that EqualiTeach undertakes. As such, EqualiTeach strives to meet the very highest standards in equality, both in the provision of services and around our employment practices and our ways of working.
Every year EqualiTeach sets strategic priorities and reviews equality data to set equality objectives for the year ahead.
Our priorities for 2018/19 are as follows:
- To respond timely and effectively to emerging equality issues
- To continue our programme of critical thinking workshops with young people and staff training to support teachers to work with young people on controversial issues
- To develop new educational resources to tackle gender inequalities and sexism in schools
- To work in partnership with organisations and schools to develop new educational resources to equip teachers with the knowledge and skills to work with young people on controversial issues
- To work with primary and secondary pupils to equip them to implement initiatives to reduce identity-based bullying
- To support schools to embed equality throughout their practice by providing online auditing packages and award schemes