Moving forward into the new term, and to meet increasing demand, we are expanding our team. We are looking for a passionate and committed Youth Education Officer to deliver workshops to young people on issues of equality and to contribute to the running and development of the organisation. We strive to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Hours of work: 35 hours per week
Salary Scale: NJC SCP (14-17): £22,462 – £23,836
Benefits: Flexible working, occupational maternity pay, occupational sick pay, individual training budget, 5% pension.
Based at our head office in St Neots
The post-holder will be an inspiring and enthusiastic person, with a passion for equality, diversity and inclusion and for work with young people. The role involves facilitating workshops with young people aged 7-18 in schools and youth groups, creating new activities and workshops and monitoring and evaluating the work. The post involves regular travel in and around London and occasional national travel.
Background to EqualiTeach
EqualiTeach is a not-for-profit equality training and consultancy organisation, working with educational settings England-wide to help promote equality and tackle discrimination in the classroom.
- Equality, diversity and inclusion training for adults
- Interactive workshops with young people
- Production and updating of policies, strategies and guidance documents
- Production of training and educational resources
- The Equalities Award which allows schools to showcase their commitment to equality
Details of the workshops that we currently deliver can be found here: http://www.equaliteach.co.uk/for-schools/workshops
- Delivering workshops with young people aged 7-18 on issues of equality
- Development of new activities and workshops
- Creating resources to support the delivery of workshops
- Contributing to the general administration, well running and development of the organisation
• Knowledge of issues relating to equality, diversity and inclusion
• Experience of working with young people
• Experience of teaching or delivering educational workshops
Skills and Competencies
• Skilled and confident communication skills
• Ability to adapt to the needs of every pupil, to ensure that all young people are included
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Intermediate level IT skills in standard Microsoft packages
• Strong organisational skills
• High levels of enthusiasm and motivation
- A passion for working with young people
• A strong commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
• A commitment to continuing personal development
Closing date for applications: 5pm Thursday 6th August 2020
You can download the above job description and person specification here.
Interviews will be held online via Skype, Zoom or MS Teams on Thursday 20th August 2020
EqualiTeach strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Although the post is advertised as a full-time position, we are happy to explore flexible working options. If you require the application form in a different format, or reasonable adjustments made for interview, please contact us.
The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
If you have any questions, or need any further information about this post, please e-mail: email@example.com