Closing date for applications: 5pm Wednesday 15th September 2021
Job Description- Senior Education Training and Strategy Officer
Hours of work: 35 hours per week
Salary Scale: NJC SCP 21-23: £26,511- £27,741
Location: The post will be based at our office: Suite 11, Davey House, 31A St Neots Road, St Neots, PE19 7BA. However, the role involves travelling to deliver training and support for schools and other organisations 1-2 days per week. We also have a ‘work from where’s best’ policy in place which means that staff can choose to work from home or the office when they are not travelling for work.
Benefits: Flexible working. Occupational Sick Pay. Occupational Maternity Leave. Individual training budget. 5% pension.
The post-holder will be key to the effective delivery of our programmes of work on issues of equality, diversity and inclusion. This role involves supporting schools to effectively promote equality, diversity and inclusion and achieve the Equalities Award (www.equalitiesaward.co.uk), training teachers to promote equality and tackle discrimination and delivering workshops with young people. The post-holder will assist with developing the EqualiTeach brand, create new workshops, training sessions and educational materials in line with EqualiTeach’s values and strategy.
Background to EqualiTeach
EqualiTeach is a not-for-profit equality training and consultancy organisation, working with educational settings England-wide to help promote equality and tackle discrimination.
- Equality, diversity and inclusion training for governors, teachers and support staff
- Interactive workshops with young people
- Production and updating of policies, strategies and guidance documents
- Production of training and educational resources
Details of the staff training that we currently deliver can be found here.
Details of the workshops that we currently deliver can be found here.
- Delivering workshops on issues of equality with young people and teaching staff
- Developing new training activities, workshops and educational materials in line with EqualiTeach’s values and strategy
- Creating resources to support the delivery of workshops
- Meeting with schools and providing support and guidance on issues of equality
- Auditing schools and providing them with feedback as they complete the Equalities Award audit process (www.equalitiesaward.co.uk)
- Contributing to the general administration, well running and development of the organisation
- An understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion
- An understanding of the UK school system and the equality duties placed on schools
- Experience of training adults
- Experience of teaching or delivering educational workshops
Skills and Competencies
- Good classroom management skills
- Ability to adapt to the needs of every participant, to ensure that workshops and training sessions are inclusive
- Intermediate level IT skills in standard Microsoft packages
- Strong organisational skills
- High levels of enthusiasm and motivation
- A commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 15th September 2021 5pm
Download the above Job Description and Person Specification here.
Interviews will be held in person on Tuesday 28th September 2021 in St Neots (please let us know if you’d like to request a remote interview via Zoom, MS Teams or Skype)
EqualiTeach is a Disability Confident Employer
EqualiTeach strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Unfortunately, we are not in a position to offer sponsorship to applicants from overseas.
Although the post is advertised as a full-time position, we are happy to explore flexible working options. If you require the application form in a different format, or reasonable adjustments made for interview, please contact us.
The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
If you have any questions, or need any further information about this post, please e-mail: email@example.com