EqualiTeach provides bespoke staff training sessions which cover the following areas:
- The moral, legal and business arguments for promoting equality, diversity and inclusion
- Best practice for creating an equal, diverse and inclusive workforce
- The impact of unconscious bias in the workplace and how to overcome it
- Explaining privilege and how structural and institutional discrimination operate to exclude people
- Organisations’ legal duties with regards to equality, diversity and inclusion, under the Equality Act 2010
- Appropriate and inappropriate language to discuss diversity and identity
- Preventing, identifying and responding effectively to discrimination, harassment and victimisation in the workplace
- Conducting equality impact assessments
- Making reasonable adjustments
- In depth sessions which focus on each of the protected characteristics – age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity, race, religion or belief, sex & sexual orientation.
All training is bespoke
To ensure that training is tailored to your organisation’s need, our team of experts will work with you to:
- Hold an initial meeting and conduct a learning walk to learn about the organisation
- Understand the organisation’s policies and procedures
- Distribute pre-training questionnaires to participants
We create a safe space in which people are able to raise concerns
We adopt a non-judgemental, non-confrontational, open and honest approach.
Participants are actively encouraged to bring forward questions and concerns which are addressed throughout the session.
Our training is lively and interactive
The training includes engaging activities and discussions, providing opportunities for people to reflect, work through solutions and develop proactive approaches to create change.
Our training is practical
Our overarching aim is to inspire people to further develop their understanding after our intervention has ended and to implement their learning in practice.
Contact us to discuss your requirements and see how EqualiTeach can support you in your drive for equality.