Date(s) - 05/07/2017
Whether it’s Brexit, Donald Trump, Syria or the recent terror attacks in Manchester and London; national and international events are impacting on the lives of children and young people in schools up and down the country. Childline has reported a 35% increase in anxiety counselling sessions amongst young callers. Research indicates the reasons for the sharp rise are down to a combination of personal and political issues.
Teachers are increasingly being faced with questions and worries from young people. The NUT in partnership with EqualiTeach have developed a training course to help teachers respond in a supportive and effective fashion to young people’s questions and fears around these issues.
This training session will support participants to:
- address their concerns about working with young people on issues that worry or distress them;
- explore techniques to deal with questions from young people;
- effectively challenge prejudicial attitudes;
- educate young people to help them to recognise misinformation and reject stereotypes, prejudice and hate
- help young people to become active citizens and create positive communities
The course is free to NUT members.