Equally Safe: Our Exciting New Anti-Bullying Programme
This Anti-Bullying Week we are delighted to announce the launch of our new anti-bullying programme, Equally Safe.
Research has shown an increase in the prevalence of bullying over the last two years, whether online or in-person (Ditch the Label, 2020). All forms of bullying can be devastating, and we know that being bullied because of your background or identity can have even more profound implications (ABA, 2021).
Our Equally Safe programme, funded by the Department for Education, will see us working with 240 schools over three years. We’ll be working to embed best practice in preventing and tackling identity-based bullying, developing tailored, whole-school approaches.
We are working through Multi-Academy Trusts and Local Authorities to create networks of schools which are creating equal and inclusive environments and tackling identity-based bullying. Schools will continue building and sharing this practice beyond their time working with us.
The programme includes:
- resources and guidance to audit existing equalities and anti-bullying work
- consultancy to update and strengthen policies
- staff training events covering topics such as restorative justice, protected characteristics and taking a whole school approach to anti-bullying
- our empowering Agents for Change events, working with pupils to support them in implement changes in their schools
- action planning meetings and follow up support to ensure change is embedded effectively
We are excited to be working with so many schools on such an in-depth and innovative programme. We want to say thank you to the Department for Education for supporting this work. Our cohort of schools for this year is full, but you can get in touch to find out more about how your school can get involved in following years by emailing Sarah Soyei: email@example.com